Summer 2017 body essentials
My main summer focus on skin care is to get my body hydrated. When I say body I do mean my full body. Sometimes I neglect areas that are not my face. Said that, want to know what are my summer essentials?
Once a week I renew my full body with Jasmine-Mimosa Body Scrub from Odacité. While removing dead skin (thank the walnut shell powder in it), I refresh body and mind with the heavenly scent (and some good music) given by a blend of jasmine, ylang-ylang, lemongrass & mimosa. It’s so gentle that I use it before shaving!
After the shower and all that scrubbing I apply (in turn for my lower body):
- almond oil: love the dewy finish it gives my legs,
- mosqueta rose oil: especially in the morning ‘cause it’s less greasy than the almond one,
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse: fave oil to stock up when in Paris,
- Kypris Body Elixir: a rich floral oil.
For my upper body I use the Mandarine & Rosemary Leaf body cream from Grown Alchemist. I'm more selective when it comes to my upper body ‘cause sometimes I do not wear perfume but I still want a nice scent. This cream is also a favorite of Gianluca, my boyfriend!
And now it’s the turn of fragrances. My two most used of the season are:
- the new Eau des Vignes by Caudalie. Notes of lemon, bergamot, iris, pink pepper and white musk blend together into this fresh mix. Over time it becomes warmer and keeps evolving on my skin. You definitely need to try it if you’re looking for a fragrance that carries you to a summer garden.
- Poison Girl by Dior is my night go-to. Warm and spicy. Sexy and irreverent.
Last but not least, my lips. Ok, I’m cheating but I can’t stop saying it: hydrating your lips is so important. I always carry a bunch of lip balms ( with me and the Watermelon & Vanilla from Grown Alchemist is always included. A luxurious silky antioxidant rich lip balm that leaves lips hydrated, soft and shiny. Needless to say it tastes so good. You can buy it at saccani.com, one of my fave luxury beauty boutique!